The Big Apple


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York
July 2nd 2013
Published: June 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 40.7528, -73.9853

This morning we awoke and headed into the centre of New York. We first had to find and negotiate the subway system but we got there. Once we got out of the subway our belly's were rumbling for breakfast so we headed to a diner called Ellen's stardust diner where the waiters and waitress sing to you while you eat. These were aspiring Broadway's stars and was entertaining to watch. I had chocolate French toast whilst Simon had the more traditional French toast.

Afterwards we headed down and we were walking along Broadway which was a spectacle and definitely just as we imagined. We continued along Broadway till we were in the centre of Times Square. We both were amazed at the size and it was super busy too! We spent some time exploring the local area and looking in few shops.

We had been told you could get discount tickets to see a show on Broadway so we joined the queue and were successful.

After this we walked up fifth avenue looking at all the shops and even bumped into Trump Tower. This street was filled with every shop you could think of - however most were on the top end. After this we went to the Rockerfeller Centre which was a very tall tower which we had booked tickets to go to the very top. This gave us beautiful views across the city of New York and you could see for miles.

After we spent a while admiring the view we continued to explore the city. Simon thinks we got lost but really we were just exploring!

We were then ready to go and see our chosen Broadway show which was Mamma Mia. Our seats were right at the front - fourth row in fact! They weren't the best but we were determined to enjoy it. It did not disappoint and was amazing - even Simon enjoyed it! We then headed home for a well earned rest.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb