SLC to NYC


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York
April 19th 2009
Published: June 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Mobile UpdateMobile UpdateMobile Update

Row two at mary poppins This message was sent using the Picture and Video Messaging service from Verizon Wireless! To learn how you can snap pictures and capture videos with your wireless phone visit www.verizonwireless.com/picture. Note: To play video messages sent to email, QuickTime® 6.5 or higher is required.
Geo: 40.7528, -73.9853

My parents picked us up at 8:30 and dropped us off at the airport. Getting through security was a breeze and we were on our way. We saw Casey Taggart at the Cinnabon and, of course, had to buy one.

The flight was basically uneventful. When we took off the pilot told us we were going to arrive in NYC 30 minutes early. When we were about 30 minutes out, he confirmed this with us and, as he promised, we landed at 4:20 instead of 4:50. However, the airport didn't know we were coming and didn't have a gate for us. So, we sat on the tarmac for one hour before they got a gate open for us. Then, when we pulled up to the gate, we had to wait about 10 minutes for someone to realize that we were there and come pull the jetway out to meet the plane. How, an airport and airlines can be surprised by the arrival of an airplane is beyond me but, they were.

We got our bags and headed out to get a cab. A nice man stopped us and asked if we needed a taxi. I said yes and so we followed him around the corner to his "cab". I was a little apprehensive but, he showed us his License so we went with him. His car was an SUV and so we had a little more room. The ride into the City was an experience. There was only one time I regretted getting in an unmarked cab. That was when we started driving down a couple of alleys but, we made it safe and sound and even asked for his phone number so we could arrange for him to take us back to the airport at the end of the trip. Turns out our Muslim cab driver is named Muhammed.

After checking in at the Hampton Inn Times Square North we headed off to the Stardust Diner for Dinner . All the waiters and waitresses perform at the diner. We all had different hamburgers and then shared a piece of Cheesecake with strawberry topping.

Then we walked a little bit and saw the Late Show Theater, Hello Deli and then on to Times Square. It was packed! What can you expect for a Saturday Night?



Kelsie called while we were at dinner but it was so loud in there so we called her back. I thiink she is a little apprehensive about getting to the flight tomorrow but all will be good and I will find her on this end of the flight.

Off to bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0182s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb