au revior Canada


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York
September 22nd 2010
Published: September 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Last day in Canada !!!

Ottowa is another super gorgeous place - yesterdy was another blue sky day (we have been so lucky ) walked and walked yesterday even walked up about 400 steps - poor thel was knackered by the top - her back is stuffed..... First up we went to Parliament house and had a guided tour for 45 mins which was good - outside there were lots of reporters and if anyone was watching them - they would think that Lou was being interviewed - she asked them who was coming !! The opposition leader - too boring to wait for so off we went on our long walk - visited one of 5 museums and then needed feeding - so found some lunch and more squirrel feeding Lou wants one for a pet. Ottowa feels like a really small city even though it isn't - the city centre is so easy to walk around and all points of interest for the city are within a small area - you are instantly drawn to the water though - especially on such great days.. on Sunday when we came in there were two runs on in the city - thel and lou didn't enter either of them but were happy to wave on the crowds.. one for the young fellow who ran accross canada - we cannot think of his name at this point in the day and the other run was for all of the vets who are now home from overseas and need assistance... there were so many people out and about - on foot, bikes, rollerblades, skateboards really cool parent and child bikes ... we had a great time watching people.

Too exhausted to go out for dinner bought quiche and fruit instead - Lou braved it by going downstairs to Looney Lil to heat up quiche and make a cuppa (thel couldn't move especially down two flights of stairs!!) so, after 35 minutes Lou arrived back upstairs to Thel rolling around the floor laughing because she could hear what was going on downstairs - lou was completely bewildered - Lil's cat is her dad and because Lou must have had a funny face she kept saying "Gods truth - look at me - believe me " okay just make me the bloody tea - and she cuts her cigarettes in half because she is too busy to smoke them all at once and and and and and

Our last day was spent on a yummy little steam train which took us out to Wakefield and back. one and half hours there and same back with a two hour stopover for food and shopping.. this morning was sooooooooooooooooo cold even Thel bought a poncho at Wakefield. You know when you watch a movie and they say lets go out to the summer house or out to the lake cabin - well that is what we saw all the way out there you just look out the window at water, hills, and boats and pontoons and those high back deck chairs on the side of the hills and on the pontoons - the trees are just starting to turn so lots of yellow and brown and green - it was special.. Wakefield is gorgeous and lou has some photos to show the wakefields. even a Wakefield Medical Centre - 12 GP's - Lou should have gone in to recruit - but how you could ever leave that paradise would be difficult....

Thel took lots of videos of the train, train drivers who wear bib and brace overalls and little caps, the piano accordian player on the train and the conductor on the train she has a whole feature length show to play for Jimmy - he would have loved the whole day...

Off to new york on early flight tomorrow morning - leaving lil and will write after we have explored for a couple of days... hope you all liked the pictures
love you all, thel and lou xxxx


Advertisement



22nd September 2010

hello there
enjoy new york - sound like you are having fab time. All good here - busy as a beaver - missing you - lots of love Sally

Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.025s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb