Thel in New York - her life is complete!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York
September 22nd 2010
Published: September 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

You need to read the Au revior from canada before this one.......

Howdy from New York !!! so much has happened and we have only been here about 4 hours!!

Left Looney Lilly this morning and tried to add the previous blog entry (you all have two to read today) and we had to cut and paste it because the travelblog was down yesterday and almost left all the stuff on her computer about Looney Lil!!! That would have been embarrasing !

Arrived at airport - sorry to leave Ottowa even as we were driving to the airport couldn't believe how pretty it is and how awesome the canal would be covered in ice in winter - may have to go back to see that one day...

Little miss continental (airport check in person) was sooooooooooooooooo efficient in her own head - but spent the whole time we were there being an utter bitch and asking (yelling) all the other check in people - "where are they going" etc etc - anyway we got past her and up to security and then in Ottowa they actually do the whole customs thing for USA so that when you arrive in New York you are fast tracked when you arrive in New York ./.. why thank you -= anyway little miss continental was there at the departure lounge being incredibly rude to a group of asian travellers who had extra baggage - ??Maybe if she stuck to checking in one person herself at a time instead of butting in on other people she may not have this problem - and then she was there again when boarding the plane on her little two way - what a special course she must have gone through to be such a customer service orientated person!! NOT - we must write them a letter

Anyway on we go - when we got to New York the bus driver informed us that Obama had just arrived too - and we said that he was waiting for us - so lots of streets blocked off etc for his visit - how exciting... then caught bus in and walked 3 blocks to our new home for the next 7 nights.. It is a little apartment, clean and compact and has all that we need and is like 3 minutes walk from Time square and all the theatres etc - really such a good location. Practically pushed the guy who gave us keys etc out the door so we could get changed - it is seriously hot here today - and i guess we really notice it because it has been so cold !! So shorts and tops on (2 minutes) we were out the door and down to Time Square - WOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thel was actually very silent for a long time - she was totally in her own place and overcome with being back here again - she is still floating 4 hours later !! We just explored Time square for a little while and then found an irish pub for lunch and that was super fresh and not heavy and then off we went again..... to check out ticket purchases for theatre shows and talked to a few locals, and ended up in front of the wicked broadway show just as they were running a lottery!! What is that you may ask - as we did.... and the two guys said quick put your names in the barrel, we did and didn't win but they hand out tickets to about 12 people and you have to pay $26 for front row tickets (approx $300) - needless to the people were very excited and Lou and Thel may have to hang there tomorrow to see what goes on!! We were excited for the winners too - it was fun to watch and Thel met 3 new friends in that little period of time..

Just when we thought we had arrived in an english speaking country!!!! Found a massage shop - so in we go to get our feet massaged and the people were from China and spoke very little english - so, we both ended up having a 1 hour massage which was super fantastic but that isn't the funny thing that Lou needs to tell you about that - Thel had to go to the toilet before the massage started so these are the words she tried first - toilet - bath room - wash room - rest room - blank looks - i need to pee - blank looks - so she had to crouch down and make the noise of a pee - yippeee they got it - and after she was in the toilet there was lots of talking and laughing in chinese - it was one of Thels finest hours ....

We have seen some amazing people already - lots of crazy crazy outfits and some that are crazy but look spectacular (Tracey the singing cowboy is coming to see you - he is the one that walks around in his undies!!) and can't wait to see some more later - we have been to the supermarket and are now on our way home to have a shower and come back out again.. some more in a couple of days
love you all - thel and lou

Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0382s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb