FORGING AHEAD TO MAINE (10-12)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York
October 12th 2009
Published: October 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Red BarnRed BarnRed Barn

New York barn
After a day at the Falls and good nights rest we are ready to start the journey to Maine. The sun is shining, but there are clouds moving in.

Leaving the New York Darien campground, we had a few problems. When I stepped out of the RV the step broke. Guess I must be eating a little too good? Joe put a bungee on the step to hold it up for the trip. This item will get added to the growing “fix-it” list.

While Joe was pulling into the dump station he cut the corner short and tore off the mud flap on the right side. Now one more item to add to the list.



Okay nothing major has gone wrong, so we are on our way — a little late, but on our way. Did you know New York is a very long state? It took us most of the day to get to the Vermont border. We had planned to spend the night at Gifford Woods State Park and then head out for a fall foliage tour of Vermont.

By
View of NY from the RVView of NY from the RVView of NY from the RV

Here's the NY road
the time we reached the Vermont border it was late. While stopping to get gas we asked the attendant if there were any state campgrounds close by to spend the night. Her reply was priceless....”All of Vermont’s state parks closed Labor Day weekend.” Say what.... that was not in our plan at all. Okay so what about private campgrounds? They closed on Columbus day - fantastic. We should have known something was up when the other campgrounds were closing soon. Our luck has run out!!!

The GPS will have a list of Walmart stores and we decided that would be our best option. Rutland, VT was our overnight designation and Rutland has NO Walmarts. Then what about shopping malls? Yes and we found one and spent the night for free. First time I did not spending money at a mall. We now think of shopping malls as a place to spend the night instead of a place to go shopping.

Joe is not one to stop much so most of my pictures will be from the RV on the "move."

Entertainment - The New York scenery.

Question - Why are most old barns painted red?



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

NY treesNY trees
NY trees

View from the RV


Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0206s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb