By the Dawns Early Light...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York
September 12th 2005
Published: January 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Homeland Security fails again.Homeland Security fails again.Homeland Security fails again.

After Passing a 4 mile protest of truckers who didn't like the price of Gas and undergoing a mild search of the trunk at the border, we managed to smuggle 45 pounds of BC Weed into the glorious state of Maine "The Way life should be"
Apparently it is unadvisable to ask girls to dance while in Halifax. Sitting at a table at St. Alexander's Pub in Halifax with 2 middle aged rednecks from Red Deer talking about gas prices was hardly what I had enivisioned for my night on the town in Halifax. And so, I stood up walked over to a table of harmless looking girls and kindly asked if any of them would feel like dancing. Suddenly as if sensing my foul intentions, an arm grabbed me and forcefully escorted me into the streets. Alone, drunk and bewildered, I found my way to another pub where I was fortunate enough to join a Dalhousie University Pub Crawl. The night became a blur, telling stories, drumming on a patio outside Pogue Fadu... and waking up safely in my comfy hostel bed the next morning. I ventured off alone to see the citadel, the public gardens and search for the new Corb Lund cd.

Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, Pensilvania, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnessota, North Dakota, and Saskatchewan. 3 days, and 50 hours of driving. Darcy sat at the helm like some sort of robot, refusing to let go of the wheel or even
camel ridingcamel ridingcamel riding

Childrens Museum, Hull Quebec
blink. I will leave the US with fond memories- The interstate outside Boston during rush hour, sleeping in the car at a rest stop in New York, getting pulled over by state troopers in Michigan, and later being nudged awake by state troopers as they made us leave a road side park at 5 in the morning where we had been sleeping in the grass.

Home. My bed. Life really is simpler here. Though I am suffering the usual post travel blues resulting from an intense slowing of the pace of life, I am about to be uprooted once more. I leave in two days for Calgary then London, England. On the road again...


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

shockedshocked
shocked

keckabecca fallss Northern ontario
Wedding shananagansWedding shananagans
Wedding shananagans

Ian Darcy and Darciess Mom up to no good at the wedding party
10,00010,000
10,000

Leagues under the sea


Tot: 0.245s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 86; dbt: 0.1267s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb