all gone wrong and far from home


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Nova Scotia » Halifax
September 6th 2005
Published: September 12th 2005
Edit Blog Post

And the Harbor Master Too!And the Harbor Master Too!And the Harbor Master Too!

Darcy was finally able to meet his life long hero Theodore. Unfortunately, Emily (the female tugboat who darcy has been sexually attracted to since a young age) was no where to be seen.
Sometimes the emotional roller coaster of life decides to give you a hell of a ride. This is the description of the ride that took place on the day of September 5, 2005.

Low- After a night of drunken debauchery in which Darcy and I drank heavily at PEI National Park with some new friends from Hamilton, the next morning began shockingly early, with our tent shaking violently. Apparently one of our less roudy neighbors thought that our guitar playing from the night before was not to her liking and that it was her duty to make sure our day got off to a rocky start.

High-This was remedied quickly with a refreshing swim in the Atlantic, which for those who like to drink is an instant cure to even the worst hangovers.

High-The emotional high continued as we visited Founders Hall Museum in Charlottetown, filling us to the brim with nationalism and teaching us the spine tingling tale of Canadian Confederation.

Low- I then directed Darcy in the opposite direction of the Confederation Bridge and towards the ferry. Not only does the ferry cost 55.00 to board, the wait to get on was an hour followed
what a showman...what a showman...what a showman...

while the picture suggests ian was surprised that we snuck a peep of him taking a poo, but really, ian looks like this every time he shits.
by an hour and half ferry ride; a lengthy wait when compared to the 12 minute drive over the Confederation Bridge.

High- However, the ferry had live music, and soon Darcy was on stage in front of an appreciative crowd, with his guitar in hand playing Brown Eyed Girl and Dirty Old Town. Though the high notes were a little rough, he sang like an angel and made the ferry ride worth the extra time.

Loop de loop- We drove up to the bridge crossing into Halifax filled with high expectations of a legendary party town. These high spirits were quickly tranformed into panick as we came to the toll bridge and realized we didn't have the correct change and so the automated machine would not let us through. With impatient people beeping from behind us, I had to get out of the car and beg for quarters so we could enter Halifax. The hostel was full and we had to find a distant campground in Dartmouth. We got lost. After much backtracking, we found the camp ground, paid the handsome fee, slept uncomfortably, and awoke the next morning.

High- After a day of hiking in Point
Im Happy!!!Im Happy!!!Im Happy!!!

After a 7km hike at bay of Fundy National Park in NB this was probably the best swim of my life. If you look closely you can actually see the tears of joy pouring down my face.
Pleasant park and a quick snapshot of Theodore the Tugboat here I sit in the public library awaiting the next swerve or loop on this crazy ride called Halifax.The weather is beautiful, and we are going to tour the Keith's brewery today, and so life goes on.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Water Resistant CameraWater Resistant Camera
Water Resistant Camera

Though we'd heard of the legendary tides of the bay of fundy we through caution to the wind and left our things on the beach as we went for a quick swim. Unfortunately the tides rose and submerged my digital camera in salt water for a good 5 seconds.
Cant take this kid anywhere...Cant take this kid anywhere...
Cant take this kid anywhere...

"First I went on the monkey bars, then the merry go round then ate lots of sugar, then I made friends with this one guy but he wouldnt share his lolly, then I pushed this other kid off the camel and rode into the sunset." National Childrens Museum- Hull Quebec
still in lovestill in love
still in love

Theres some humbling about visiting the center of political power of this great nation. The Majestic Archways, the Georgian Archetecture, Darcy and Ians Public Displays of Affection.


6th January 2006

ho ho ho merry christmas

Tot: 0.231s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 21; qc: 86; dbt: 0.099s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb