Niagara Day 2


Advertisement
Published: June 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 43.0955, -79.0559

Today we spent a second day on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls, and our first call was breakfast so we found a pancake house. Nicky opted for the sensible option of french toast and Simon opted for an all you can eat pancake and scrambled egg special - suffice to say Simon failed in his attempt to bankrupt them!

With our stomachs full we walked through town in very hot weather until we reached the Skylon Tower. This was a very tall tower which offered panoramic views over Niagara and more importantly views of the American Falls and the Horseshoe Falls. This did not disappoint and you could see everything and as it was relatively quiet you had all the time you wanted to admire the spectecular views.

We then ventured down to the falls and walked along to the Horseshoe Falls and to the welcome centre located there. Inside we purchased tickets to the Journey Behind The Falls. As we had a little bit time before our allocated time we spent time admiring the view which never got less breathtakingly beautiful. When our time had come we headed in and were given our souvenir poncho and taken down in an elevator to the entry point. We then were taken down two tunnels which at the end was under the Horseshoe Falls - this really gave you insight into the power of the falls but all you could see was sheet of white water. We continued onto the outside walking deck and we were at the side of the Horseshoe and had a perfect view of the water coming over the top. There was an upper and lower deck and it was the lower deck where the ponchos truly came in handy as the mist of the waterfall was in full force. However the views it gave made it all worthwhile.

Back at the top we continued to walk along the street admiring the views and we headed into the main tourist area. We spent a little while meandering through the shops and the varying levels of tat. After this we walked back and collected the car and headed to an outlet shopping centre. Once parked we walked around looking in different shops, lucky for us there was some pop up tents selling extra discounted clothes. There was an Addidas tent where we purchased a few peices of sportswear at discounted price.

We then had the intimidating task of trying to get across the rainbow bridge and through US customs. However, despite our nervousness it was a straightforward task and we eased through. We then were on the American side of Niagara Falls and headed onto our hotel. Once checked it we headed out for a bite to eat at Dennys.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0275s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1020.8kb