Niagara Falls


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Niagara Falls
July 12th 2013
Published: June 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 43.1066, -79.0642

Today we were at the beautiful site of Niagara Falls. As this was such a popular tourist location we firstly wanted to head to the Maid of the Mist. We bought our tickets, picked up our souvenir ponchos and climbed onboard. We choose to stand right at the front at the bow of the boat and we got underway. The falls were spectacular and being so close to them was immense. We headed into the mist of the Horseshoe Falls and we got soaked, but our ponchos saved us!

Back on dry land we walked up the street and headed to Denny's for a spot of breakfast. We then decided to go on the Sky Wheel which was a 175 foot tall ferris wheel which promised views over Niagara Falls. It didn't let us down and us beautiful views of the falls and allowed us 3 rotations to get the best view. Afterwards Nicky challenged Simon to a game of Dinosaur Adventure Golf - this was 18 holes of crazy golf equipped with a erupting volcano and life size dinosaurs. We set off and although Nicky had a promising start Simons misspent youth playing golf meant he caught up and overtook Nicky. The final results was that Simon won by 5 strokes.

After this we wandered back down to the water front to get more views of the beautiful falls. We then found a quiet spot in the neighbouring park to sit and relax and enjoy the views. After we were nice and relaxed we continued to walk up to have a closer look at the Horseshoe Falls. These were amazing and as the mist found its way up to the sidewalk the ponchos were needed once again as it was like being in heavy rain.

Following this we headed up to a bar with a terrace and enjoyed a drink. We then went onto the Outback Steakhouse for a delicious dinner.

As the sun was setting we walked back down to the waterfront as we had been informed that the falls were illuminated at night. This was indeed true and it was an amazing sight! At 10pm we had taken our spots ready for the fireworks. As these were set off directly above falls, the views were truly outstanding.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0337s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb