Day 6 On our way to Niagara falls


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » Niagara Falls
February 22nd 2008
Published: February 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

We left New York city toward Niagara Falls on a trip that will last at least eight hours. The bus we are travelling is confortable equipped with a DVDsystem. On our way to Niagara Falls we watched She is the man and John Q.

Before leaving New York it is worth saying some facts we learned about the city. New York city population is 12 million of which only 3 million leaves in the city. The rest of the population, 9 milllion comes there to work or to visit the city. The city is served by about 85,ooo cabs. But they are not enough to serve the need. Three airports serve the area, namely, La Guardia, JF Kennedy and Newark. As we leave what is know as the capital of the world, we reflect on the beauty of whats coming, Niagara Falls.

This afternoon the kids where able to play with accumulated snow in the parking of the Ponderosa restaurant where we ate lunch.They enjoy so much, that we have to wait a few minutes before we leave to our next stop.

THe next stop was at the Corning Museum. This musueum houses a beautiful collection of glass work. In the museum we went to a show that demonstrated how to create beautifull piecesof glass from a drawing.

The group excitement started to grow as we get closer to the Falls. We arrived at the US - Canada checkpoint at night. The bus had to stop so that the border patrol police can check our passports. Once in the Canadian soil we were able to see a spectacular sight of the Falls at night. A group of us was adventorous enough to handle the 28 degree weather and go and visit the Falls at night. hey turned glass into a beautiful piece of work. As we continue our route north we became more exited about the possibilty to having a day in the snow and seeing the Niagara Falls.

We arrived ar the US-Canada checkpoint at night. The driver has to stop the bus so that a border patrol police can check our passports. After passing the inspection we drove around the Canadian border. The beauty of the Falls at night is beyond description.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Glass workersGlass workers
Glass workers

Demonstration on how to handle glass in a furnace.


Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb