Day 7 A day in the snow


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » Niagara Falls
February 24th 2008
Published: February 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today we woke up under a snow shower. When the kids saw the snow fall through the window, they inmediately got ready for the action. After a light breakfast, we all went outside to play with the snow. The kids were throwing snow balls at each other and having lots of fun. The fun lasted for an hour before we headed back.

We did several stops to take pictures of the Niagara Falls. The falls divide the Canada province of Ontario from New york state in the US. They are part of the river Niagara which connects to the Great Lakes. The falls are divided in three sections: the American Falls and the smaller Bridal Veil Falls both in the US section and the Horseshoe fall in the Canadian Section. The Falls are an important source of hydroelectric power to both Canada and US.
Together they provide 4.4 million KW enough electricity to power 15 states and equall amount of territory in the Canadian border.

After passing the US checkpoint we went to a park to take pictures of the Falls from the US border. While doing this Nancy Valentin, ours Directors wife, slipped in the ice and broke her nose. Fortunately we had in the group various doctors that took good care of her and avoided a visit to the hospital.

After leaving the Niagara Falls, we started a long trip to Lancaster Area. This trip lasted about 8 hours in the bus, making frequent stops along the way. We finally arrived at the hotel at 11:30 pm


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0574s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb