Horse and Buggy, Niagara Falls, and Tires


Advertisement
Published: July 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

NY



NY
Christoph Hall
Dusk in Northwestern Pennsylvania is beautiful. The skies were painted pink by the sun on a white and grey pallet of storm clouds rising miles into the sky. We drove under clear skies as the storm slipped off to the north. I've seen a good portion of Pennsylvania and really enjoy it. After the wallet incident last night everyone could breath easy. I stayed outside late last night and took video of the lightning in the clouds before sleeping in the bus. The intention was to watch the Michael Moore movie but everyone was too tired
We woke and decided to ask a Chinese restaurant if we could take some of their grease. Laurie spoke with them but they spoke little English and said to come back later when the daughter was there. While waiting we found a coffee shop made that our breakfast. Next to the Chinese place was a pizza place so Laurie asked them for it and they said we could. I took a few pictures of horses and buggys left in the parking lot by some Quakers going to the ophthalmologist. Between the two restraunt Brian was able to fill the tank from empty. We figure at this point we have driven 1700 miles or so and have spent a bit under $100 on fuel which is actually kind of a poor but we have still saved $500 or so and will save another $500 on this full tank.

We ended up burning some time in that town trying to fill the tires with air. The inside back tires didn't have valve extentions so, after having stopped at the first gas station and paying $3 to put air in the tires, Brian had to go to Napa to get extentions for the inner tires. We found another station but the end piece was screwed up. Everytime Brian tried to put air in the tire it would just release what was in the tire already resulting in 3 filled tires and one flat one. We gimped the bus to a third station a mile away and finally got them all filled properly. Ultimately we spent about 5 or 6 dollars on air and killed about 20 minutes. Finally we could leave for Niagara Falls.

The falls were beautiful though we didn't stay long because of the drive ahead. We found parking close to the falls for the bus for $8 as opposed to $12 on private lots farther away. We took some pictures and bought some post cards then we were off for the club which wasn't what we were expecting in the least. It was a place built for acoustic jazz complete with theatre seating and hardwood floors that resembled a gymnasium floor with no stage. The promoter made it to the club in time to watch us loading the bus. This show would be the opening bands first show. They were a heavier band somewhere between Metal and Industrial that had fans with names like Monster and Sick. They were really, really loud and the majority of the people there came to see their first show and then left. Overall the show was a dud but we did get paid which was a pleasant surprise. We ended up sleeping in the bus at a rest area half-way to New York City.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



19th July 2007

Green with Envy
Hey Christoph, Just thought i`d have a quick nosey at your tour blog to see what you guys are upto. I`m very jealous, Niagra Falls is still on my "to do" list. Have fun on the rest of the tour and say hi to everyone for me. Cheers Sim

Tot: 0.179s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0761s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb