Our US education


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » Newark
July 28th 2013
Published: July 28th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Just starting to get into the DC way of life and already it's time to leave. We left the hotel just after 9am, bags FULLY packed and laden with complimentary chocolates and water. After a short uneventful cab ride to the Union Station, we sat down to a last USA breakfast of pancakes, bacon and maple syrup before boarding the train to Newark Intl' Airport.

Now as we are sat in the train with not much to do, we have decided to write one last blog about what we have learned from our last two amazing weeks in the U S of A!!


• Don't leave any money or valuables in your case when travelling by plane in case those pesky transit workers decide to have a root through it.
• Don't board a plane with brazilian school groups.
• Always tip in New York, even when it seems totally ridiculous.
• If heat isn't your thing, don't go to a US city in July.
• Cooling water spray is a life saver for those incredilbly hot and humid days.
• If you don't want to look like Rudolph, put sun cream on your nose when on an open deck tour bus.
• America makes the best iced drinks (but don't ask for the sweetened iced tea).
• Don't take knives into the Library of Congress.
• Washington distances are much longer than New York distances (Metro card is a life saver).
• Statue of Liberty is quite small and better seen from the water.
• Trust the guidebooks, as they do know what they are talking about!!
• When in NYC for a week or more, plan a day trip away from the city craziness.
• Don't be surprised if you are not understood in NYC.
• Carry ID with you at all times (occasionnally only passport is accepted)
• Buffets and brunches are the way to go!!
• USA has aircon technology down to a T
• Reserve a whole day or at least a full half day per NYC museum.



There may be more to follow but these are the ones that stand out. We will be arriving at the airport shortly so from both of us, we hope you enjoyed our big adventure as much as we did and look forward to a future edition some time in the future!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0871s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb