The last day!!!!!!!


Advertisement
Published: July 28th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Well today didn't really have much of an agenda as it was our last day so we decided to take it easy! After finally leaving the hotel we made our way over to 14th street to get some breakfast but when we discovered that we were probably walking down the longest road ever and the place we wanted to go to was a long way away still, we found another restaurant serving brunch and went there instead. It turned out to be really good and so we started the day with mimosas (bucks fizz) as it would be rude not to!!

We hopped on the bus and headed over to the zoo close to our hotel as it was a lovely day today. But when we got there we suddenly lost all of our excitement and instead went around saying how much we disliked zoos and seeing animals in captivity. After realising that this probably defeated the whole point of going to a zoo and seeing the giant pandas in concrete boxes we got out of there quickly and found a self service frozen yogurt shop just outside (a much better idea!).

After a rest and a serious packing session we headed out for dinner. As it was our last night we had reserved a table at Ebbitt' s Grill, just a stone's throw from the White House, and enjoyed a lovely three course meal including sharing a dozen oysters! A side note about the White House, it is really tiny compared to what you see in films and on the tv; it is basically the size of a very small stately home and disappointing. Its security is also a bit on the shoddy side. We were walking around the White House fence when we walked past a policeman who tried to tell us that we couldn't walk there but instead just went "woah woah woah" and pointed as if we were a real threat. I mean Emma didn't even have her knife with her today! What would happen if a real security threat turned up?!?!

We are now back at the hotel feeling a bit sad that this is our last evening. However luckily for you this is not the last blog! Oh no, tomorrow we are going to write a little summary about all the things we have learnt over the past two weeks whilst we are on the train back to New York. Sweet dreams :-)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0281s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb