Day 9 - Miami to New York


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York
August 3rd 2014
Published: June 4th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Happy 30th Birthday to Me!

Marnee and I woke up really rough after only a short sleep. Nick had the first shower packed up his stuff and went to the lobby to order us breakfast while we finished packing. Nick had egg tacos, Marnee didn’t eat and I had birthday waffles with banana and chocolate sauce.
We jumped in a cab bound for Miami International Airport for Delta Airways flight to New York. Our flight was at 1:00pm so we grabbed some Subway for lunch on the plane as we knew it would be nearly dinner time by the time we arrived.
On the plane we slept for a bit then checked out the photos and videos on our phones and cameras from the night before. Most of them were quite amusing.
On arriving into La Guardia airport we had a long drive through peak hour traffic to the Royal Park Hotel on West 97th and Broadway.
Our hotel was cute, gave you a real feeling of New York Apartment style living. It had free wifi but my goodness the shower in our room was terrible. You had the choice of burn your ass hot or freeze your boobs off cold.
After getting ready to head out we did a birthday video to send to grandma (via Greg) from our little place in NYC. After a couple of takes we then headed to the 96th street subway to head to Rudy's Bar on 9th and 44th. We got off at Times Square to show Nick the overwhelming lights before cutting through to Rudy’s.
Rudy’s Bar and Grill has been a staple in the heart of Hell's Kitchen since 1933. I had heard of it from the guy who I was doing my photography tour with tomorrow and yet it was also where we were meeting Marnee's friend Mark and his band mate Ian. The drinks were really cheap and with each $3 beer you got a free hot dog; amazing! Although the seats were covered in duct tape used to patch up the material it made the place what it was. After a certain time we were kicked out of the outdoor area but moved inside for a few more drinks before eventually calling it a night. We walked back through the ever bustling Times Square to the station and caught the #3 train back to 96th Street Station to our hotel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.407s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 84; dbt: 0.1307s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb