Made it to JFK


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York
January 25th 2011
Published: January 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Well we made it to JFK and have a 5 hour layover. We should start boarding about 8:20. We have met others who are traveling with Educational Opportunities - some with us and some on another bus.

Those of you who know and love Larry Richie....he has lived up to your expectations....he totally broke up the flight attendant while she was serving refreshments.....of course none of us know what he said...and his memory is failing....so he tells us.

It was a bumpy ride...kinda like driving on Sellers road...got some interesting pics form the plane...this will be the last you hear from me until some time Wednesday afternoon....the time difference is 7 hours (they are ahead of us)...so we arrive at 2 pm there.....7 am here.

Larry and I have taken on the care of two delightful elderly ladies (one is 82 today and the other is 84).....it was quite a long walk from where we landed to our next departure gate....the rest of the group left us...not realizing we were so far behind...they were getting tire (so was I) so we stopped to rest and I went to find out how to navigate to terminal 3 gate 6...I spied a golf cart..engaged him to drive us....there wasn't enough room so I had to sit on almost Larry's lap...felt like I was going to fall...the driver was quite entertained with us....what a ride....wish I had a picture of that...Larry does too!!!!!



BTW the question of the day is...."Is that French Onion Soup?"

Posting some more pics...it will only get better from here.......

Forgive the typos...will do a better job of editing later....


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.415s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1603s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb