Fron the airport to the Sea of Galilee


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » North District » Tiberias
January 26th 2011
Published: January 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Photo 2Photo 2Photo 2

Our plane getting ready
Well we made it! We have arrived at our hotel the Nof Ginosar on the Sea of Galilee. It is a Kibbitz which originated in Russia (according to our host). Everyone here works for the Kibbitz, then the ibbitz provides for their needs...even down to the car they drive....sounds lie a commune to me. Our host also told us that Israel is pretty much self-sufficient...they don't import any food except coconuts and pineapples. Also we all need to quit complaining about gas prices.....it is average of 8.00 a gallon here!!! Thats why they have smaller cars and many hybrids and electrics.

It was a 2 1/2 hr drive from the airport to the hotel but it got dark on us about halfway there. I did get some good pics from the bus window. The land is as I imagined it would be....hilly, rocky dry but there are some lush vegetation also. After dinner we waled to the Sea of Galilee which is right outside our hotel door...but it was dark. I did get a pretty good picture of the village on the hillside across the water...hopefully I will find out its name tomorrow.

Our dinner was a buffett with
000000

Dick Bonyak wanted to ride with the pilot....didn't happen!!
many different traditional Middle Eastern dishes.....the desserts were awesome. Everyone is pretty tired but we were advised not to go to bed right away so most are trying to stay awake so they will sleep well tonight.

Some of the pictures are of the airportlast night and when we arrived this morning....which was really this afternoon. As I type this it is 2:19pm at home which is 9:19pm here.


Tommorow is a very full day...anxious to get many pictures.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Photo 4Photo 4
Photo 4

Our plane had two stories
Photo 5Photo 5
Photo 5

My two new friends...Lillian (right) turned 82 today...Helen is 84 and still substitutes
Photo 6Photo 6
Photo 6

Preparing for the long ride
enhanc3denhanc3d
enhanc3d

Is this Wild Bill Dawson or Zorro...we weren't sure!!
Photo 10Photo 10
Photo 10

Tel Aviv
Photo 11Photo 11
Photo 11

Its a mob
Photo 12Photo 12
Photo 12

This is what they were looing for....long ride
Photo 13Photo 13
Photo 13

Our host (left) and our driver
Photo 14Photo 14
Photo 14

beautiful scenery
Photo 15Photo 15
Photo 15

beautiful sunset
Photo 16Photo 16
Photo 16

on the way to the hotel
Photo 18Photo 18
Photo 18

Notice the cave in the hillside
Photo 19Photo 19
Photo 19

Hoop houses everywhere...they try to be self-sufficient
Photo 20Photo 20
Photo 20

A village in the hillside across the Sea of Galilee


27th January 2011

Glad you made it!
Oh it brings a huge smile to my face to see that my loved ones have arrived. Great pictures so far, and I am really excited that you shared your blog with us. Have fun and take lots of pictures.
27th January 2011

An adventure
It is always an exciting and interesting adventure when one travels with our friend, Larry Richie. The pictures are awesome--thank you for sharing. Looking froward to reading the blog each day. Enjoy!!!!!

Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0254s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb