Memories of September 11


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
September 18th 2013
Published: September 18th 2013
Edit Blog Post

The other day I asked my mom her experience when she saw on the news about the tragedy on September 11. She said that it impacted her because she was scared that something might have happened to my family in New York. My mom said she realized how easy it was for them to just do that and she imagined how that could have happened in Chicago. She said that when they said that one of the planes crashed that she thought right away that, that plane could have been headed to the sears tower for all we knew. My mom said that it impacted society by like judging people right away. For example, like Muslims are the ones being blamed for what happened and they mistreat them now. People did not mistreat them before September 11 happened. That society’s view on Muslims for what happened even if that person had nothing to do with what happened on September 11. The social structure in the US changed by how people would look at Muslims and other religions or cultures. It changed the interaction with people and whom they were around. Like since 9/11 happened they mistreat Muslims now. People’s culture was mistreated and the culture or group they were apart of was judging them. The economy lost a lot of money because of the building that was destroyed and it was a business building.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.271s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0574s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb