Day 2 - New York City


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
June 30th 2013
Published: July 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

NYC1


Statue of LibertyStatue of LibertyStatue of Liberty

Statue of Liberty
Fi kindly put together a list of all the things to see in New York and arranged them so that I could see everything in order of locations.

We started the morning in Lower Manhattan and visited Ground Zero, the place where the Twin Towers once stood before 9/11. The place had an eerie feeling to it, but I think what the American people have done with this memorial is fantasic. Where each tower once stood it has been replaced with a massive water fountain and there are all the names of the people who tragically lost their lives in stone slabs placed around the water feature. I saw a name of a lady which also said with her unborn child, so sad.

After Ground Zero, we walked around Battery Park in the sunshine and decided to get on a boat trip to see the Statue of Liberty and some of the other keys features, such as; Brooklyn Bridge and Ellis Island. We had to queue for the boat for about an hour in the sunshine and as soon as we got on the boat it clouded over, luckily though it rained after we got off the boat!
Merrill Lynch bullMerrill Lynch bullMerrill Lynch bull

Me with the Merrill Lynch bull

We then walked up Wall Street famously known for the stock market and I posed for a picture with the Merrill Lynch bull.

For lunch we went to Chipotle, a famous Mexican food chain here in the states. I had a bowl with rice, steak, veg and chili sauce and it was very nice but also very filling as the food portions are huge.

After lunch, we walked up to Greenwich village and went to this coffee shop called Rocco's and I had this ice cold latte with carmel sauce and whipped cream. I'd definitley recommend this place to anyone who plans a visit to NYC. We then went to Washingston Square, which was really busy due to gay pride. We stayed for a bit and watched some people do stunts and cool dance moves before heading back to Fi's to get ready to go out in the evening.

After going back to Fi's and getting ready we went to this place called Rockwood where they had live music bands and saw three good acts; Annie & Beekeepers, Laila Biali and Ben Thornwill. I really liked Annie & Beekeepers and Ben Thornwill made the audience laugh lots
Ground ZeroGround ZeroGround Zero

One of the water fountains
as he kept forgetting the lyrics to a couple of songs.

All in all, a good day out.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

The Survior TreeThe Survior Tree
The Survior Tree

This tree survied 9/11 and three hurricans
Ellis IslandEllis Island
Ellis Island

Ellis Island


Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0578s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb