Quick update


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
July 17th 2008
Published: July 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

day two


Been to see the statue of liberty today, its really impressive. Unfortunately all the tickets to go up it were sold out for the day but we still managed to get the boat over to the island. The weather was toasting and we had a lovely time chilling on the grass. We then caught the boat over to Ellis Island which used to be the first port of call for new immigrants. There's a museum on the island which mapped out the process they all went through before being allowed into america.
We bought city passes for the week which gets us into 6 tourist attractions and meant that we got to skip the one hour long queue and get straight on the boat!! (this was the highlight of my day! 😉)
The new york philharmonic were playing in central park in the evening so we picked up picnic and headed there for the evening although it was packed so we didn't very close we could still hear the music.

day three


Got up late as our roomies wouldn't have the air con on over night so I didn't sleep very well and was still a bit grumpy faced when paul woke me up at about half 8!
The guggenheim art museum was one of the things in the city pass so we headed over there in the morning/early afternoon after breakfast bagels from the place across the road which we ate sitting in central park feeding a cheeky wee squirrel!
It was an exhibition of louise bourgouis who seems a little bit unhinged from the work we saw today!! paul was especially displeased with it all, mostly with the flimsy arty chat coming from the free audio tour headphones!! The building itself was impressive though and made up for the poor excuse for art. Then we walked from there to fifth av. and down to the rockerfeller center, via tiffanys which caused paul to break out in a cold panic induced sweat!! (i didn't buy anything i promise!!)
We also saw trump tower and the crysler building before getting too hot and heading back to the hostel for a shower and some dinner. Just going to chill out tonight and make plans for the rest of the week.




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Statue of LibertyStatue of Liberty
Statue of Liberty

Taken from the boat on the way to liberty island
Stephanie at Tiffany'sStephanie at Tiffany's
Stephanie at Tiffany's

Paul managed to escape, wallet intact
M&M merchandiseM&M merchandise
M&M merchandise

Do you think this would be good for school uniform?


Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.034s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb