Still in New York!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
March 16th 2008
Published: March 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey, Hope all is well back home if you reading from there!

Things are great over here on us travels. Still been real busy every day. Cant remember where i got up to the other day. Ah yes, spent the other day walking round Midtown, took in all of Times Square, Madison Square Garden, Grand central Station, just all the usual tourist jaunts i suppose. Manged to venture a bit furthur South though in the last couple of days, been looking round China town, Little Italy (Steve talked in an Italian gangster accent for 3 or 4 hours ! Has promised to do the same in an Irish accent for the whole of tommorrow for St Patricks day. Sounds like it could be something of a massacre, cant believe how many people there are out here just over for the parade and heavy drinking! Timmy Sheephead, i think you would love it!) Also done Soho and the East village, where every bar seems to be an 'authentic Irish experience!'

Done a few more museums too, seen the birthplace of Theodore Roosevelt, (more interesting than it sounds!) and museum of New York City, which had some pretty neat art exhibits and a good history of how the city came about.

Think we plan to have a bit of a rest day tommorrow and have a few drinks with the crazy paddys, see the financial district on Tuesday and then have a trip over to Brooklyn on Wednesday (its been recommended to us by a few different people) before moving on to Niagara Falls on Thursday and then to Boston to see John 'Danger' Flynn. Weathers good here, much nicer than i expected, was walking around Central Park yesterday in a t-shirt. It certainly ain't minus 12!

Have took loads of pictures, will try and get some up on here when i figure out how to do it, just need a bit of time. Hope to here from some of you soon guys. Oh and Tim, i will hopefully be back for the Hull Masters, what date you doing it again? Take care,

Ben

Advertisement



19th March 2008

Ben, you will give me a bad (or should that be worse?) rep! the masters itself is taking place on sat 14th june, but plan is 2 arrive at lawns on fri 13th, bit of lawns bar action n then an early night so all ready n fresh 4 the carnage on the sat enjoy the yanks my friend and when the season starts in a week or so get yourself to some baseball games! speak to you soon

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0844s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb