Wells, Maine


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Maine » Portland
March 25th 2008
Published: March 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey all, sorry its been a while, seem to have been busy, and its pretty difficult to get online sometimes! We finished up in New York last week and then moved onto Niagara Falls for a couple of days, stayed at a hostel that seemed more like someones house. The lady that owned it was lovely though, really helpful. Niagara Falls is beautiful, just like nothing iv ever seen before, it really is cold this farnorth though, went for a walk on the evening that we got into Niagara, never been so cold, am told that it was about minus 10C, braved it for a couple of hours anyway. Was so strange to see a river like Niagara frozen over (ice about 6ft thick in places!). Went to supermarket and bought a microwavable Calzone, our landlady clearly not impressed with this attempt ("boys like you, not eat shit like that") walked off shaking her head! Next day went and saw the Canadian side of the falls, was a gorgeous day so got some really good pictures of the falls, seems even more impressive on that side of the border. Again though, the immigration officail was clearly not impressed that when asked where he was going today, Steve replied 'Canada'. Made me laugh, but i dont think that humour is a customs officers strong point.

We're in Maine now visiting John 'Danger' Flynn of Leeds fest and Morrisons fame, its been good to have a couple of home comforts for a few days, visited Wal-Mart for the first time yesterday, it gave me a headache. Absolutely massive! Toyed with the idea of buying a sandwich that WEIGHED 2.6lbs, settled for one less than half the size in the end. Part of it stiull sits next to me this morning, but i didn't put it in the fridge and the mayonnaise is turning. Heading to Boston in couple of hours, looking forward to seeing the freedom trail, and visiting the Boston Celtics basketball teams home. (since theres no football here, i need a new favourite sport, and basketball has filled the void nicely, theres games on normal tv every night.

Hope everyones well anyway, look forward to hearing from you soon, Benito.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0304s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb