Boston


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts » Boston
March 27th 2008
Published: March 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Been in Boston a couple of days now for those who don't know. Think i much prefer it to New York. We are staying in a suburb called Everitt, and it seems really nice, much less hustle and bustle than New York. Even the downtown area is less chaotic, the whole area feels much more like a small english city. Walked the freedom trail yesterday, which is basically a 5 mile walk that, at regular periods, reminds hikers about how the English got there arses handed to them when the rebels rebelled. Anyone you speak to seems to take great pleasure in reminding you of this whenever they realise you are english. Don't think it was a good idea to walk the trail then, in an england shirt. You live and learn, theres a little mantra for you.

Watched the Celtics last night, they whupped Shaquelle O'Neal and his Pheonix Suns, the source of much pleasure for anyone in Boston, including us. My favourite player is Ray 'Mr Cool' Allen, Stevens is 'Big Baby Davis'. He prefers Ice Hockey though, which to me just seems brutal. A fight breaks out every few seconds and no-one seems to mind, im not sure there are any rules.

Been to Harvard University area today, where Matt Damon took the piss out of that guy in the bar in 'Good Will Hunting'. I wanted to knock on the window and shout "How do ya like them apples!" On this occasion however it was Steve who prevented me froma certain beating. Discussed how Steve and Gregor used to write fine poetry sat on the steps of the Harvard lecture theatre, and then walked back to downtown Boston.

Heading for Baltimore tommorow on the recommendation of Tom, who stayed there for 3 weeks on his 4 month trip around the USA. It had better be good. Shall report my findings here later. Bye for now.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0752s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb