Oh, my aching feet!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
July 16th 2005
Published: July 17th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Wow, this blog thing is pretty cool. I just discovered the place to read the comments that some of you have left. I've checked the personal messages but comments is different. Thanks to those of you who've taken the time.
Today was a different kind of a day. Sue is doing much better, but still coughing and not quite readt to resume the pace. The boys were tired as well, so after trying to get them going for 2 hours, I realized I was on my own for the day. So I bought the unlimited subway card and was on my way. I hit every part of Broadway from the Brooklyn Bridge to 90th St. That included Canal St, Chinatown, City Hall, Delancy St, the East Village, Union Square, Grand Central, Bryant Park, Times Square, the theater district, and finally back home. About five hours of walking and I was really dragging. Jesse on the other hand, was determined he was going to finish reading the new Harry Potter within 24 hrs of getting it. Sure enough, he turned over page 652 at 12:40 am with 5 minutes to spare. While I was out Sue felt well enough to go out and pick up a couple of slices for the boys at Ray's, as well as look around Broadway and Amsterdam Ave. So when 7:30 came around we were all rested up enough to go out again. Congregation B'Nai Jeshurun across the street was hosting a visiting Rabbi from Israel who was giving a concert of Niguns, stories, Kabalistic Chants, and Havdallah. We were going to go for dinner but peeked in to see how it was and wound up staying the whole time, until almost 10:00. Then we went cruising Broadway for ethnic delicacies. We had it narrowed down between, Peruvian, Sushi, Yemenite, and Indian. Since decisions don't come easy, we wound up grabing a few bagels from H&H for the kids, while we raomed the crowded isles of the Fairway Market on 75th. They have all kinds of prepared international foods so we loaded up and took it home to eat an 11:30 dinner.
Looks like tomorrow is going to be off to Queens for the Mets vs the Braves so that should be a little less wlaking and a lot more sitting. Here's some pic from today.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

15 Park Row S15 Park Row S
15 Park Row S

I'll bet some of the Florida folks will recognize this one.
Bryant ParkBryant Park
Bryant Park

That the back of the Main Public Library at the end
Chrysler BldgChrysler Bldg
Chrysler Bldg

Art Deco at it's finest
CBSCBS
CBS

And the number one reason why my dogs are barking


17th July 2005

You are right- this is really cool. Sorry to hear of Sue's pneumonia, and please make sure she does what the doctor ordered. Nothing would be worse than her ending up in the hospital. Except for that, you are certainly having a full trip. .Let's go Mets! Happy almost birthday Jesse.....Hugs to all.

Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.023s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb