Lisa Visits Santa Fe


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Mexico » Santa Fe
December 30th 2014
Published: June 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 35.6915, -105.937

Small note here: Have been busy or some other convenient excuse, but writing this at a much later date so some of the details are possibly forgotten.

Lisa arrived in Albuquerque and spent her first night there at the Route 66 hostel and then took the Railrunner to Santa Fe. We met her and enjoyed lunch together and ran a few errands and then took her to the Santa Fe Hostel. Robert had been ill with the flu and we wanted to make sure he was no longer contagious before she came to stay with us.

We came back to pick her up and went to Cowgirls for dinner and listen to music. Good time was had by all. The next day she checked out of the hostel and we began our adventure in earnest. Went to the Travel Bug and had a nice cup of coffee and enjoyed the atmosphere of the place.

From there we went up to Museum Hill and walked around and enjoyed the beautiful day and the lovely sculptures in the gardens. Had a nice meal in the Museum cafeteria and then went to the Museum of the American Indian (?) not sure have name correctly. Bargain day for seniors who are residents of Santa Fe, they get in free! Very interesting museum and we really enjoyed ourselves.

Back to our place and rested up before we headed out for New Years Eve. Ended up at El Farol where we enjoyed Tone and his band.

Lisa was interested in the works of Georgia O'Keefe and visited her museum and so we decided to use that as an excuse to head up to Taos by way of the area around Abiquiu and the Ghost Ranch. The weather was perfect, bright sunshine and not too cold and we took our time and enjoyed many stops along the way to take pictures as the scenery kept getting better and better.

Checked into our hotel and took a short rest and then walked around Taos for awhile and then to the Taos Inn for dinner and then to the Alley Cantina for music. Had a nice time and back to room to rest and get ready for the next day.

On our way back to Santa Fe, went and checked out the Taos Pueblo and the Rio Grande Gorge. We were rewarded by seeing some Rocky Mountain bighorn sheep near the gorge. Back to Santa Fe where we enjoyed cooking a homecooked meal and looking at the photos of where we had enjoyed ourselves!

The next day took Lisa to the airport in Santa Fe where she was going to fly to Denver and then on to Detroit. It was our first visit to the Santa Fe airport and so were glad to be able to check things out.

All in all, it was a very nice visit and got to share some of our favorite places to visit.




Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0206s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb