Finding Dinner Monday Night


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Mexico » Santa Fe
September 7th 2015
Published: September 16th 2015
Edit Blog Post

After setting up camp we headed up northbound to find some dinner then go have a bit of fun. Didn't find anything along the way. Ended up at Buffalo Thunder Casino Resort. It's a huge property and had lot's of dinner choices. We decided to eat at Iguana Cafe. Nice but not overdone. Very good New Mexican food. They do not just send out every table the same chips / salsa / guacamole. They have a made to order bar - we got just salsa. The young man doing this had my husband taste test till just right. Very hot but very tasty. My husband David had chicken with mole sauce - he liked it but said a bit too much chocolate for him. I had pork tamales with red chile sauce - pork was super tender and sauce was delicious. They also had full margarita menu - all kinds of flavor mixes and anywhere from everyday tequila up to very high end. I had a turquoise trail pretty strong but good. My dessert!

We then signed up for player cards and they are very generous with free play. You get all signed up then go to the kiosk and slide your card / put in pin then choose a poker chip and win that amount of free play. I won $15 and David was going to pick the middle but I said no a corner. He got $10 but the middle???? was $1000.

We played about 2 hours on our free play and $40 . No big wins though but no losses - even. They had a good sized casino floor. New games & old favorites and all denominations. Poker room, sports book and table games but we just played slots.

http://www.buffalothunderresort.com/

Long day back to camp and hit the hay or well the air mattress!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb