God's Country


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Mexico » Santa Fe
June 20th 2007
Published: June 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Santa Fe last night (Tuesday) after a long drive through Oklahoma, Arkansas and Texas. No internet access at the Oklahoma City Campground or at our friend Hazel's so I thought I'd do a quick entry at the Santa Fe Public Library and catch up with some great pictures later. Here's a quick summary of the long drive: the roads in Oklahoma were so bad the ride shook the airconditioner screws loose (easy fix) -- we did stop along the way for a stretch and a round of the "oakie" pokie with the boys. Mark wouldn't stop in Arkansas except for gas (I think because we were too close to Clinton territory). As we moved across Texas and got closer to New Mexico, the views were simply breathtaking. A quick stop in Texas at a honky tonk stop was in order and boys came away with cowboy hats. One piece of very good news -- gas prices are dropping as we travel west. We decided to stay the day in Santa Fe, rather than push on to Sedona. Millie (the RV) is leaking transmission fluid and needed a rest as did I will admit it, me. After a great breakfast at an outdoor cafe and a quick trip to the laundrymat (the boys are getting new experiences everywhere), Mark and Hazel have spent the day doing errands. The boys and I have spent the day in old Santa Fe and took a trolly tour up to the hills. I can easily see why so many people want to live here. Tomorrow very early, we're headed to the petrified forest, Sedona and then to the Grand Canyon. Tonight, out to local restaurant with Hazel and his girl friend. The boys are having a great time, despite Elliot's nasty breakout in poison ivy. We had to call Mike Wilson and get a prescription filled last night so I'm hoping he'll be dried up in a day or too. As soon as we have Mark's computer along at the sametime we have access, I'll load some picts.
(Chris -- Some of the campgrounds have internet access throughout; some just in the office area and some not a all. With the exception of one place, most of the campgrounds we've stayed at have been fine. The only surprise we've had is that a lot of those we've been at so far don't have late check ins (i.e. you have to be there by 9ish).



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

The 74 Oz Steak Dinner...The 74 Oz Steak Dinner...
The 74 Oz Steak Dinner...

This restaurant says they'll pay for your meal if you eat the 74 oz steak. We weren't there for a meal so Mark just got this picture. He said he could do it -- especially if Doobie was beside him. Those boys have graduated from their Coney Island contest days (not really).


22nd June 2007

Great Pictures! Thanks for sending.

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb