October 18 - 20


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Jersey
October 20th 2008
Published: November 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Cape May anchorageCape May anchorageCape May anchorage

On port side of channel as you enter, just east of Coast Guard station docks.
We anchored just west of the Coast Guard docks in Cape May NJ Friday night about 9 pm. And we’re waiting on a few things - weather, a running outboard for the dingy, a repair to a zipper seam in our brand new(6 days before we left on the 12th) full enclosure dodger. It’s made the trip down very comfortable but adds a lot of windage and in the high winds we’re having yesterday and today it’s made maneuvering on and off docks more difficult.
Clint Taylor runs a one man canvas shop, Nor’ Easter, across from West Marine at the foot of the bridge crossing the Cape May canal. He does all the canvas work for the CG vessels at the training base here. He had our zipper fixed in minutes at a reasonable price. If you’re in this area and need canvas work, he’s your man.
Found a Honda outboard repair person, Bob Hughes, who works weekends! He took the engine on Sunday and we had it back on Monday, running like a top for a very reasonable price. He also stopped by on his boat just to visit with us later on that day.
We’re heading up Delaware
Cape May MarinaCape May MarinaCape May Marina

Across the channel from our anchorage
Bay to the C&D canal and the Chesapeake as soon as practicable. I’ve seen some of the Bay but not much and we would like to tour it before we hit the ICW at Norfolk, VA.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb