October 21 - 29


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
October 29th 2008
Published: November 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Basin at Chesapeake CityBasin at Chesapeake CityBasin at Chesapeake City

Very shallow in spots - keep to the port side coming in.
We left Cape May on the 21st, had a rocky trip up the Delaware and spent the next 2 nights in the basin at Chesapeake City. From there we went to Back River above Baltimore for a night, then here to Weems Creek off the Severn River in Annapolis. We’re spending the week being tourists and getting a new gate stanchion. Very gusty winds, temps in the 50’s by day, light rain yesterday and this morning. All the boats anchored here are dancing around in these winds(25, gusting to 40) but with this new anchor down we aren’t budging. We are snug, warm and dry thanks to the diesel furnace but I wish I could get on the Net. So far we haven’t been anchored anywhere within reach of wireless hotspots, even with our extra antenna and that is frustrating. This is a great little anchorage, convenient to a grocery, pharmacy, laundromat and bus lines, and people could not be more friendly and helpful. Many have given us rides when we have asked for directions to find some particular business.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Restaurant and docksRestaurant and docks
Restaurant and docks

Usually full in summer.
Bridge over canal Bridge over canal
Bridge over canal

Free dock to starboard as you enter.


Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb