Cape May to Annapolis- Day 2 and 3


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Jersey » Cape May
October 25th 2008
Published: October 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The electrician from Hinckly arrived at Cape May around 8:30 am, fixed the satellite and left around 8:40 am. Minor wiring issue that took literally 10 minutes to fix. We waited for the MANN guy Lloyd to arrive to check on the engines but instead he called around 2:00 to tell us he would meet us in Annopolis tomorrow. A WHOLE DAY WASTED! The upside is that Walt's uncle Peter lives in Annapolis and this gives us an excuse to see his family! Peter is a boat builder to say the least. He built the ship for the movie "Amistad", "Master and Commander", he built a replica of the "Pride of Balitomre", "Lady Maryland", "Constellation", and others, as well as designing his own ships.

On approaching Annapolis (about a 3.5 hour trip) we noticed a ton of sailboats in Chesapeake Bay. Turns out there was a schooner race that was about to start in 30 minutes and we were right in the middle of it. Peter was in his boat watching so we got in touch with him and got out of the way. We stuck around to watch the start of the race….have you ever seen a sailboat race? Five, Four, Three, Two, One, Bang….nothing happens. While tooling around in the Bay we noticed a little hydraulic fluid in the water so we headed in…with one of the jets stuck in forward and no reverse. Walt got us safely to Peter’s community dock where we spend the night. We had a great steak dinner with the family and made arrangements to have the boat pulled out of the water and looked at the next morning.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.167s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb