Annapolis to Solomn's Island- Day 4


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Maryland » Annapolis
October 25th 2008
Published: October 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hinckley arrived at 7:30am to look at the boat. We had it pulled out of the water at a nearby marina (thanks to Peter’s hookups) and fixed and under way by 10:30 am. We said our goodbyes and headed to Solomon’s Island, about a 3 hour trip. Solomon’s Island was pretty cool. There were about 15 marinas all around, we stayed at a place called Zanhiser’s Marina. After cleaning up we walked in town to Kingfishers and had lunch. I had a Blackened Rockfish Gyro which was awesome! There was a restaurant/bar at the marina called “Dry Dock” that we went to for apps and drinks later in the night. Pecan crusted scallops in some sort of honey mustard sauce…yum!

Contemplating the last few days, it was frustrating that we got such a slow start after Cape May. Waiting for the Mann guy then having the jet problem we lost about 2.5 days so far. On the other hand, if we wouldn’t have stopped in Annapolis, the jet problem still would have occurred except in a different location. This would not have been good because at Annapolis we had the Hinckley services and Peter with his connections. It probably would have taken an extra day or two for the problem to be fixed anywhere else so I guess we were lucky it happened when it did where it did.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb