Second Month campers Arrive


Advertisement
Published: July 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well the last day off a week ago seems like it was just yesterday. What an ace day we had! Went shopping and it was so hard not to go OTT! Tanya gave us a tour of her town, saw her high school etc. Went back to hers and lounged in the Sun with a margarita which was nice, second one went straight to my head. Got a really good bbq'd meal by her Mum and Dad which was awesome. Tanya insisted we play beer pong which was so hard but second round I got the hang of it so was a bit tiddly. Stayed the night there and our designated driver drove us back to camp on Wednesday morning. Felt v. tender for most of the day but lucky for me it was raining so the kids just had to hang out in the Ark and play games with the rainy day team.
Thursday was the last day of reg schedule with the first monthers. The Drama class performed Suesical Musical to us at night, some of these kids have so much talent! At the end we all got up on Stage and danced to the High School Musical soundtrack which was hilarius.
Friday was packing day... turned oyut Hannah had been hiding food in her trunk so there was mounds of it leftover! The parents arrived after dinner.. was really weird... Tanya's little sister Gabrielle lives in my cabin so it was good seeing her Mum and Dad again... Hannah's parents were odd and ignored me but interrogated poor Jenna (room mate) Didn't see much of Samantha's rents but they seemed nice all tghe same. All the parents kept saying stuff like 'oh my mother is part of the McDougal clan' etc etc I just thought... you don't have a clue what you're talking about mate... ome of the kids went really shy and quiet around their parents which really sucked! Had coucil fire and each tribe had to do their 'formationjs' to get heaps of points, we had been practising them alot... a prep song, a friendship song and a few other bits and pieces, it went really well and white won! So it was nice to see our Chiefs really happy... nae luck green...
Had a firework display which was amazing! Then our room had a party after with all the leftover food which was nice, but we kept the other rooms in the Hollow awake... care.
Saturday was horrible, after breakfast the parents came and just took the kids away, didn't even get to say bye to some of them. Had a bbq for lunch then my favourite kids all left at the same time so I just brokedown, was hard to see some of the kids upset too. We were all quite down after that but cheered up getting the night off. Had a meal together, which took so long we didn't have time to see Hairspray 😞 then head back to camp for a sleepover in one of the cabins which was fun.
Sunday morning had to hang out in the hollow (with my new Harry Potter... American versions SUCK) (hint!) and wait for the new kids. I was moved to room 3 so was sad to leave4 Gabrielle upstairs who was my only 8 week camper. Got Lauren from NEbraska who has 2 albino cousins... Grayson from Philli, Diana from DC (her mum gave me her card, the New yorker...v exciting) Chloe from Boston and Alexia who is from Montreal and speaks only French... she's quite homesick and lonely so its a bit tough.
At night re-did the counsellor show which was funny cos no one had a clue what they were doing! All the kids went to bed easy which was a relief.
Yesterday (Monday) was the first day of activities with the newbies, the camp seems alot quieter and there are only 40 less kids... Like my new room cos Amy from Yorkshire lives next to me so its nice and all of our kids are good. Still feels a bit funny without certain kids but I'm sure it will be just as good a month!
Have a day off to day obv. so going to head to the beach or something... hopefully get to see Hairspray!
Been wanting to write home but the last 5 days have been so hectic I've barely had a chance to pick up HP!
xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb