Woodstock VT to Woodsville NH


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Hampshire
September 21st 2020
Published: October 14th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Old motorcycles never die...Old motorcycles never die...Old motorcycles never die...

...they gain new life in the pastures of central Vermont
Having survived on fear and adrenaline for the first three days of the ride, this morning provided welcome relief -- breakfast at the local coffee shop. It was the place favored by the locals -- men my age gathered around a big table in no hurry to finish. Lady my age doing everything with complete efficiency and kind concern for her customers. I was sure I would earn it - so I ate well and had a wonderful long talk with Beth. Then out of the lovely tourist village and up into the hills again to face whatever the route designers had in store. Winding west then east across the state, the route picked its way through beautiful mountain scenery. I was now accustomed to taking the Alt-easy routes around the most difficult sections and felt no remorse. It was surprising at the end of the day to come across a tall field of corn being harvested. I never thought of Vermont as a place for corn, but remembered that it is cultivated in the highlands of Kenya with good results.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Emerson Motor WorksEmerson Motor Works
Emerson Motor Works

The machine they couldn't fix.


Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb