New England and Montreal 2023


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Hampshire » Bartlett
September 21st 2023
Published: September 27th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Todays agenda was to go up Mt Washington. That’s the main reason we came back to this area. But first Ed wanted to visit the local fly shop as it was closed when we stopped earlier.

The suto road to Mt Washington was only 14 miles from town so it didn’t take long to get there. We decided to take the van tour up the mountain and back. Our Suburban was loaded and too heavy to make the drive down the mountain. The trip up isn’t so hard but coming back down is so steep and winding that you have to stop several times to cool your brakes and they don’t let heavy, loaded vehicles make the trip.

Our driver was awesome and very informative. He’s been making this drive for about 20 years. He made several stops for pictures and for us to see just how steep it was!! Sometimes it was downright scary!!!

We were at Mt Washington last year but couldn’t go up because there was only about 10% visibility. Today the weather was perfect and we had 90% visibility….much, much different from last year

Following our trip up and down the mountain we headed east to Stowe, Vermont where we’d be staying for three days. This was supposed to be another fishing stay but, alas, Terry wouldn’t be able to get to the stream. We really didn’t have anything else planned except a return visit to Ben and Jerry’s. We shall see when we get there

Our condo was super nice with 2 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, and a loft. It was right in town Stowe and on the Little River. We checked in, unpacked, and decided to go out for dinner.

Dinner was at a local pub called Doc Ponds. We opted for outside seating as the place got slammed just as we arrived. It was a longer walk that we expected so after we ordered, I walked back to the condo to get the suburban so Terry snd Ed wouldn’t have to walk back.

Our food was slow incoming so we got some complimentary homemade chips and dip. It was excellent. Since we were in Vermont, home of many cheeses, we ordered Mac n cheese as a side!! It was outstanding!!

Since it was a late dinner we headed back to the condo to call it a night.



Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.386s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 59; dbt: 0.1244s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb