New England and Montreal 2023


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Vermont » Stowe
September 23rd 2023
Published: September 29th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Today we had a leisurely morning. Terry has been having trouble sleeping. Ed has a cold. Karen has had a cold and is having trouble with her ear. I fixed scrambled eggs with peppers, onions, ham, and cheese. We had muffins or bagels, juice and coffee.

Following breakfast Ed, Karen, and I drove up to the Von Trapp Family Lodge. We just wanted to look around at the gift shops, see the Highland Cows, and just revisit the place. If you go to the Von Trapps, you are asked to get a day pass for guests. Since we were only going to be there for a short time we didn’t get the pass

We got some great pictures particularly of the cows and flowers. We even got to see Christina Von Trapp in the gift shop. I did snap a picture of her going through the parking lot.

The flowers and fall decorations were beautiful. I’ve been so taken by the beautiful Hydrangeas we’ve seen on this trip. I loved the autumn crocus we found at the Von Trapp Lodge. They were outstanding!!

On our way back to the condo, I let Ed and Karen out in town while I took the Suburban back to park at the condo and walked back to town. There simply was no place to park in town!! We walked in and out of shops and just enjoyed the town. It was very busy!

This was football day so we were set to watch WVU play Texas Tech at 3.30. We planned on having soup and sandwiches at half time. We also had to finish our laundry and repack our suitcases for our train trip to Montreal. So we had a busy afternoon and evening.

Looking forward to tomorrow and our trip to Canada.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.031s; cc: 13; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0314s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb