Sao Paulo & Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada
February 7th 2006
Published: June 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Howdi,

I've made it from Sao Paulo to the US. Sao Paulo is a huge city (Paris x3) with 20 million people. Its a relatively wealthy city with good infrastructure and fine modern architecture, BUT, there are 1 Million "Street Kids"!

Its a week since I arrived in Vegas, and Diane & I are having a ball. The hotels are enormous. We are staying at the Worlds largest hotel, The MGM Grand, with over 5,500 bedrooms! You need a map just to make your way around the lobby. We seen a 'Coldplay' concert in one of the hotels 30,000 seater arenas. The entertainment here is non-stop. Went to see a 'Cirque De Soliel' show and a $50M Moulin Rouge style topless dance extravaganza; 'Jubilee', where the caption reads; "Thousands of rhinestones covering practically nothing"!

Yesterday, we took a chopper to see the Grand Canyon, 100 miles away in Arizona. Breathtaking trip. It was also the 'Superbowl' weekend in the States, which is one of the busiest weekends in Vegas (Most States outlaw gambling).

Tomorrow morning, we both leave, I head to LA and Diane back to Newfoundland, where I'll meet her in a couple of weeks. I have a week in California and depart from San Francisco on the 15th for Toronto.

God bless,

-Adrian.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb