13th August - Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada
August 13th 2010
Published: August 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

I spent the majority of the day wondering around checking out numerous hotels and casinos. Everything is so over the top and truly awesome. It was crazy hot outside in the sun and even I started looking for short cuts and transport options. I found the monorail and tram system which helped me get to the southern end of the strip. I booked tickets for us to see Criss Angel the illusionist and also for a Grand Canyon West day tour for Saturday.

I scoped out Bellagio, Caesars and the Venetian. These were classier joints and had plenty of designer label shopping included. For me it was a realisation of a dream as I had always wanted to check out Vegas and seen so much on tv, movies and internet that it was good to stand in front of places that I had recognised through media.

Lou and myself decided to hit the ever popular Bellagio buffet early to beat the queue and we did by arriving at 5:30pm which was alright as we had pretty much missed lunch. The buffet was excellent quality and they were cooking everything in front of you. The dessert section was awesome with so much to choose from that you would need to leave plenty of room to even sample everything. I was very satisfied with it and more so when I saw the queue outside when we left.

Criss Angel was at the Luxor and the seats we got were a little far back but dead centre. It was a decent show but I don't think it should be associated with the Cirque du Soleil brand as there were only a few elements that related to Cirque du Soleil.

I went back and spent time at Planet Hollywood casino because I like the party vibe there and they have cool podium dancers and dealers in lingerie at the Pleasure Pit - a themed section of the casino. Lou prefers playing at our casino in an attempt to rack up reward points.

Went back to the hotel and crashed about 3am but had to be back up again at 5am as we were getting picked up to go to the Grand Canyon.



Additional photos below
Photos: 62, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0295s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb