The Drive


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada
June 13th 2009
Published: June 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 1: The Drive

Made it out of Folsom by 5:15ish and we were into Nevada by 8 am. We had some rain in NV and we discovered that our water proof car bag wasn't so water proof, oh well! While driving through NV I came up with a new state motto “Nevada, the state that smells like cigarette smoke!”, I thought it was kinda catchy. All joking aside, it was a beautiful drive. Sweeping vistas, beautiful mountains. You could almost envision Native Americans riding across the valleys on their horses.

Lelah and Jelly did great, no major upsets.

We only had one bit of the drive that was a little tense. We didn't realise that between the Nevada boarder and Salt Lake City there are practically no gas stations. We made it to a gas station, but I was starting to sweat!

Arrived in Sandy, UT (12 hours later)

I think the highlight of the trip for Lelah will be my aunt and uncle's 4 King Charles spaniels. They have to be the cutest dogs on the planet. Lelah is in love with them. Shortly after meeting them Lelah asked me if we could “borrow”
Lelah and Jelly May 6 amLelah and Jelly May 6 amLelah and Jelly May 6 am

Jelly still thought we were going to the dog park! She was in for a shock.
one. Aunt Karen, or as Lelah calls her “Granny”, laughed at that request. Lelah will be talking about those dogs for years to come.

It's so great to be able to spend quality time with my Uncle Steve and Aunt Karen. They are such amazing people and they truly LOVE the Lord.

Sandy is a town situated south of Salt Lake City. It's truly a beautiful place, you can understand why the Mormons laid claim to this place. The mountains surround you and they are spectacular. Sandy is about 20 minutes away from many ski resorts. The weather has been cooler that usual for them and they've had three weeks of thunder storms, pretty cool for us Cali folks.

Peace and many blessings,

The Moeller Fam


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Lelah and JellyLelah and Jelly
Lelah and Jelly

So glad to be out of the car!
JellyJelly
Jelly

Really glad to be out of the car!!!
The famThe fam
The fam

Uncle Steve, "Granny" Karen and me, standing in the back yard.


17th June 2009

That's a Good One!
“Nevada, the state that smells like cigarette smoke!” That's the part I don't like about Nevada. Lots of beautiful country, but I pretty much can't eat in public restaurants there. LOL! Looks like you're having fun!

Tot: 0.213s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0645s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb