Last day in Vegas & Absinthe


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
April 29th 2016
Published: May 4th 2016
Edit Blog Post

I have always wanted to see the Bellagio Fountains and so off we trotted this afternoon to look at those. Stood there for ages and they didn't start! The security guard tells Hugh that they are off for a couple of weeks while they set up a new one. I am so disappointed, my little face drops, but Hugh gives me a big cuddle and promises me a big ice cream instead.



So we take of to look at Luxor, Paris & Mandalay Bay. Get the bus up to Manadaley Bay and try to go to the pool area, but this is only available to guests with room keys, so we get some lunch in their food court and chill for a bit, then we decide to get tickets to Shark Reef. The aquarium in the hotel! This place is insane with all the hotels having their little niches for you to visit. There is so much to see and do it's insane, but everything costs a fortune! You could spend a day in each hotel and there are at least 15 large hotels. They are resorts in their selves!



It's getting late so we get the bus back to the main area and get off to get an ice cream & I see the fountains are back on!! Finally get to stand and watch them at long last and it is great! I loved it! With the dancing water and the music and the explosions it is fab! A dream come true.



Get back to the apartment and get ready quickly to go out as we have tickets to see Absinthe tonight. A show recommended by a friend of Hugh's. It is billed as Cirque du Soleil meets Rocky Horror so I am very excited! We get there and instead of being a show inside, it is a little old fashioned circus tent in the ground of Caesars Palace! The seats are all little chairs around the middle stage and we are at the back in the cheaper seats, but we have a pretty good view! The show starts with some acrobats who are absolutely stunning! Then the compere and his girl come out and suddenly the mood changes. I do not like the humour at all. It basically is Bernard Manning type of sense of humour. Taking the piss out of audience members, for being black, white, gay, lesbian. It's not clever and it's not funny. The audience are in stitches, but Hugh and I sit there and just look at each other and raise our eyebrows. The circus stunts more than make up for it though and they are way better than the Circque du Soleil guys! The show is amazing and finishes on a high wire trick with 3 guys walking the wire with one on a chair in the middle. Fabulous end to the day! We go to get on the bus to get back to our bit and we see the Bellagio fountains go off again, this time they have a video running through the water! It's beautiful and we sit and watch it for bit before getting back on the bus to go back a bit and get the car.





We then go to a club for a bit and get chatting with a lovely young couple. She is from Vegas and he is from out of town. They are both in the military and that is how they met. She's 5'2" and he is 6'5"!! But they are lovely and totally suited.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb