Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
December 18th 2012
Published: December 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hotel room looking outHotel room looking outHotel room looking out

Our luxury pad for 2 days
From bad to worse



We left SF promptly to catch a flight to Vegas. The booking reference could not be traced so we had to queue for 30 mins to see an agent. After eventually finding the booking we were advised we had to pay $25 per bag checked in, although our UK reference stated 2 bags per person checked in free as had been the case the whole trip so far. We begrudgingly paid to check in 1 bag and proceeded to the departure lounge. After 1 hour we were advised the flight had been cancelled with no explanation. My view is that they bumped people on to later flights to save money (don't fly United Airlines if you have a choice). We then joined another queue (sorry line as we are in the US). 45 minutes later we we told how lucky we were to be on the flight 4 hours later when some people had to wait 8 hours. Tempers were flaring all along the line and we were panicking because we had dinner and a show booked that evening. We were given a measly $10 voucher to by food and a drink.

We
A view inwardA view inwardA view inward

Fantastic facilities but we only slept and showered.
arrived at LV airport with less than 2 hours to get to the hotel, showered and changed. Guess what? The transfer bus broke down and we had to wait for a replacement. We check in with 30 minutes before going out for the show and upon telling the tale, the receptionist took pity on us and gave us an upgrade. Well when we opened the door we found a 2 storey suite with 2 bathrooms, a kitchen, dining room, lounge, 2 x 50" TV's, bedroom and dressing room. The surprise was extended the following morning when we opened the blinds to find a balcony complete with spa pool and loungers (how the high rollers live as these suites are $1000 per night).

Our dinner in TJ's Steakhouse plus LeAnn Rimes concert was fantastic and a bad day turned into a great evening.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Cinderella?Cinderella?
Cinderella?

After this photo Sue insisted on finding a pair like this.
Gone to the dogsGone to the dogs
Gone to the dogs

I should have done as I had no luck with the slot machines. I now know why we call them one armed bandits as the casino is the only winner.
The stripThe strip
The strip

Taken from the walkway outside our hotel
The strip at nightThe strip at night
The strip at night

Also taken from the walkway


Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 27; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb