Arrival in Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
October 30th 2012
Published: October 30th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We arrived safely in Las Vegas to brilliant sunshine and 27 degree heat.



On arrival at Gatwick we were greeted with dancing show girls, photographers and champagne (for those without 21 children to look after). All this kerfuffle ended up being because the flight we were on was the inaugural flight from Gatwick to Las Vegas. After checking and and getting through security with nothing but minor blips, we boarded the plane for our 10 hour 30 min flight. All of our students were impeccably behaved and were a credit to themselves, their families and the Academy.



In typical understated Las Vegas style, we were greeted on this end by a water canon salute from the Las Vegas fire department to mark our arrival.



As is customary in the US, customs and immigration took 2 hours to clear but after having our finger prints scanned, photos taken and scary police men with guns, we managed to collect our luggage.



A short coach journey later on our sparkly-floored coach, we arrived at our hotel to freshen up. After this we had a stroll down the strip and dinner in a
buffet in the Excalibur hotel. We took in the incredible lights and did a little shopping. The 10 hr 30 min flight coupled with the 7 hour time difference has meant that all in our party were easily convinced of a early night.



On to Zion National Park tomorrow. More news to follow...goodnight UK...thinking of you all out here in the desert...


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement




Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb