What happens in Vegas......


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
October 18th 2012
Published: October 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

A great nights sleep when we could eventually close our eyes against the fantastic view of the strip all lit up in its glory!

Starbucks breakfast and out to explore and check off some of the things on our list! Now most people will have no idea of what we are talking about now, but Alex and I are big fans od a couple of shows on the History Channel, Pawn Stars and Ricks Restoration, both shows based in Las Vegas, the former set in a Vegas Pawn Shop and the latter in a restoration yard, both shows often get mingled, with the owners/workers requiring each others services, these guys are mini celebs in the US.

So off we drove to the Pawn Shop hoping to catch a glimpse of the team, arrived there to find a super long line of people all with the same idea! So took some photos and off to the next stop, Ricks Restoration yard, had a tour of the workshops, met a few of the guys and bought the obligatory T shirts! Then our next stop was another History channel favourite, Counts Customs! This guy spends his days bringing back to life, old classic American Cars and bikes and his personal collection, on display is amazing! Took the tour met the team and bought more T shirts! A fab morning!

Had a wander around the Luxor hotel further along the strip to check out the times of the Titanic exhibition for another day.

Alex hit the gaming tables after a tasty lunch at the deli, of Pastrami and Turkey on Rye, yum!

I had a beer date set up with a friend from my days living in Mallorca, met up with Dawn who has lived in Las Vegas for about ten years and has twin boys, amused to hear Dawns American//Mancunian accent! Had a great catch up over a few mexican beers and of course I pumelled Dawn for info on how I can get a job and move over here, suggested I may become her Au pair, but don't think that was ever going to work...worth a try though!

In the meantime, Alex was up a further 70 dollars on the slots!

So now it was my turn, plucked up the courage to join a Blackjack table, put on my "poker face" oh bugger, wrong game! Acted like I did this every night and managed to treble my money and paid for a fancy Chinese meal and cocktails!

Escalators count 35!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0245s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1017.9kb