Viva Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
October 18th 2012
Published: October 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Back on the road, out of the desert, climbed into the hills and then down into the valley, a much more interesting drive than yesterday.

A couple of hours later we saw the building of Las Vegas rising in the distance! Soooo excited, I love this town!

Had already decided on a hotel - New York New York but decided to cruise the "strip" before checking in, to absorb the atmosphere, the place is really busy, lots of conventions going on.

Left the car with the Valet guy and checked into our Park Avenue room on the 34th floor overlooking the south end of the Strip, amazing views, fab spacious room with a real top end luxurious fell.

Freshened up and went down to explore the notel, OMG, amazing place, the whole notel is like a mini New York with typical streets with, cafes, bars, shops and restaurants with every taste covered and of course in the centre of it all, the Casino!

The sound of Las Vegas is like nothing else, the background music, the clinking and ringing of the slot machines, cocktail waitresses serving the complimentary drinks, the shrieks and screams from the high rolling "craps" tables, combined with the flashing lights, scantily clad ladies and excited tourists, it is like no other place on earth.

Dinner tonight at the wonderful Italian restaurant, preceeded by Margeritas at the Mexican bar!

Alex tried his hand on the slots and was up 75 dollars on the first night!

Oh lots of escalators, call it 30 total so far.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.459s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1382s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb