Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
August 1st 2008
Published: June 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Yes, Las Vegas is supposedly the entertainment capital of the world. And we did go see Cirque de Soleil. But, we're really here only for a conference. After all, August is not exactly the ideal time to be in the Vegas heat. W.. and E.. ended up spending a lot of time in the hotel's amusement zone and pool during conference times. We did explore the Vegas metro rail system that goes between hotels.

Until now, we'd forgotten to take pictures on this trip. We'd left Vancouver 3 days before driving through Washingston state, Idaho, Utah and Nevada. The plan was to finish the conference and then start our vacation trip. We'd decided on the states for this trip because the U.S. was in an economic crisis and needed any help it could get.

The gas station owners we talked to on the way were bemoaning the lack of business, especially in the form of R.V.'s (Recreational Vehicles). One attendant said he was used to filling about 50 a day, and this year, in the height of the traditional driving season, he'd only filled one R.V. per day. So, our little business was most welcome, even if we were driving a fuel efficient vehicle. The motel owners had the same story. We had our pick of the places we stayed at on the way down as they were essentially empty. And having to get a new car battery from a service station seemed almost major business for him for that day.

We got out of Vegas as soon as we could and drove south towards the Arizon border and the Hoover dam.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.022s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb