Friday in Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
July 8th 2011
Published: July 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

[youtube=l9-0JAxnJeo]
RehearsalRehearsalRehearsal

Steve in rehearsal.
I was up around 5:30 a..m. again and worked on my travel blog at the kitchen bar while Steve whipped up breakfast.
We rolled out about 10:30 for an 11 o'clock rehearsal on the other side of town. Steve took his newly refurbished Fender Jazz Bass and seems to have fallen in love with it all over again. Not bad for an instrument he's had since high school.
It was fun hearing live jazz again, even if a lot of it was in fits and starts since they were rehearsing specific passages in some songs.
We stopped by BMW Motorcycles of Las Vegas on the way home. I had hoped to score a shop t-shirt, but they were low on inventory and out of my size. The expect to restock in a week or two, so we left them with Steve's phone number to call when they have shirts in my size.
We had a late lunch at the Yard House in Red Rocks Casino and came back to the house to hang out and wait for Lisa to return with the babysitter and for Nicky to come home from work with some Indian take-out.
The food was splendid, especially the
BMW Motorcycles of Las VegasBMW Motorcycles of Las VegasBMW Motorcycles of Las Vegas

No shop t-shirts to fit me. Bummer.
chili chicken, Then we were off to Harrah's to see the Legends in Concert show in the main showroom.
Steve is friends with some of the guys in the band and the drummer set us up with VIP seats - a curved booth with table. The common folk sat in rows of chairs.
The show was great fun and we hung around afterward to chat with Steve's friends.
It was raining when we came out to retrieve Nicky's Lexus convertible from valet parking.
We were deep in the underground parking garage at the Cosmopolitan when I got a call from Maria. I was amazed to get a cell phone signal all the way down to the B5 level - five stories underground.
We played some machines that used Steve's musical compositions and then some video poker until we were tired to losing and headed for home.
Emerging from the parking garage, we dropped the convertible top and I shot some disappointing video - all of the colors from the blaze of lights washed out to white. My GoPro Hero obviously prefers sunlight.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb