Big Time Cash Part 2...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
July 6th 2011
Published: July 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

now where did i leave off... it was event 48 and i had made it through to day 2. 370 players were left over and 270 cashed. So i needed to avoid some trouble and let 100 players die to live up to my lifes amibtion to cash in the wsop. i was 111th in chips overnight according to pokernews and this was going to be the easy part.
My table was all evenly stacked at the redraw of seats and i just didnt need to run into trouble. Discipline Paul discipline. What i didnt expect was 2 all ins on my table in 2 hands... Serbian Pro Dragan Gallic got his small 12k stack in with 98 of diamonds to be crushed by AK. Dragan hit two 8s to double and te table think he's an idiot. they shouldnt.... he can play. I reveal my identity to Dragan as "TigaAjax" . Dragan is sponsored by Party Poker and i play a bit on that site. he knows me well... i actually outrank him currently on that site. Just felt i had to let him know that i was not one of these yankee disbelievers... within 5 minutes we have lost like 25 players... 75 to go.
i raise a few pots to steal a few blinds as the table is very timid. everyone has the same idea... grind to the money. As im doing some typical smart ass amercian fat prick who is mast likely still a virgin but a dungeons and dragons grandmaster keeps hijacking the pot with re raises. its a good play... and im sick of him doing it. Hes accumulating chips and everyone too scared to stack off with an all in this close to the money. i cant wait to get him. About 17 off the money he raises UTG andi look down at AJ. i Hate AJ. its looks do goos but its really only ever a good hand against weaker players with shorter stacks. nonetheless its a good time for him to get some of his own medicine back. i 3 bet to 8k. he asks how much i have... 41k... he calmly goes all in. crap.. i cant call. or is that wahst he wants he to do... damn!! discipline paul.... get it later... i fold very reluctantantly.... but wisely.
withinh 15mins we are hand for hand waiting for the bubble to burst. with 272 on the board we wait for all 27 tables to finish... it takes and age. when its over the announcer informs us that we are all in the money... we lose 2 in that hand and we are in the $$$$.
Okay.. now the smart thing is to do here is wait... you can bump up 2 pay jumps by not playing a hand. poker players are despite all their projections as sportsman or mathematical geniuses...are essentially gamblers. And if you make a gambler... even a good one sit on his hands and not gamble the minute he is let loose... bammm!! players nursing tiny stacks will shove any ace in a plan to recover those precious chips that have been blinded off in the last hour grind as the bubble approaches... hell people will call small pocket paisr 3 ways in ahope of climbing the leader board to have a real good run at the big money. and my plan is to always sit and wait on my hands still and let the kamikazes crash and burn.
Except this time is a dream... first hand post bubble The bloke to my right has like only 5k he puts it all in. i look down at AA. super. i take a minute to decide to call in hope a madman comes along. yes... Asian dude down the end shoves all in for 30k... brilliant. Another player grimaces and tanks for 2 mins... i dont want a call here... makes my AA odds far far worse.. even if he calls i do still have the best of it for now. He folds eventually and i call the asian man. He shows JJ.. the shortstack A 8. the folder had AK he reveals... which means im darn out of aces if i fall behind. but i dont ... i take outb 2 players and now im up to over 75k and feeling great.
Very next hand my obese smart friend goes in raisng mode. i wake up with JJ. i re pop him to 12k and he makes the call, The flop is ugly K high and all hearts. he checks. remembering both my jacks were red i check behind, with what could still be the best hand anyway. turn is a blank and he checks, me too. Now ay he has a King now... river is another brick and he best 11k... i snap. "you supposed to fold there... he spits out and mucks his bluff" "not a chance mate ive got you pegged, and cant push me around now the bubbles burst. can t wait til you spew off the rest of the them to me. " ... l love this shit...
i pick up 88 the next hand and eliminate the man who has has 3 coffee with 6 sugars in each. least he will be busy sprinting to the rail. The table breaks and so does my card run... i get blinded and blinded away for the next 3 hours.. picking up AJ far too many time sand having to fold it to re raises. as we hit 120 players. i notice im sitting amongst some of the best tournament players on the planet. Sorel Mizzi, Yegveni Timoshenko aka "Jovial Gent", Bodo Szbrezny, Alex Bolotin and Chino Rheem.
Now Chino Rheem plays hyper agressive. a fact i was taught when tristan was eliminated the day before. Aparrently he was re raising any pots available and tristan ended up getting ot all in pre with Ace 10 against him with chinoholding lowly lowly A3. the board ran out a sick sick Q 2 9 4 5. tristan needless to say was very upset. Chino ame to out table andwas playing the same way. he openly admitted he a bluffed off 200k in the last 2 hours. either he was setting a trap or an idiot to give us this info.
shortly after i found myself with ace ten in the button. and raised... first time in 4 orbits. the short than me stacked BB went all in. if i call it only leaves me with 20k so i make the open fold showing how tight i am... the BB shows Q7 and i have him smashed...but did not play. Chinochirps up immediatelyn his ganster ghetto manner... "whta you fold Ace Ten" the rest of his rant basically invloved me being a fool... but i have shut it out. im not letting him tilt me. i think that fold is filpping at best and crushed by many hands. ill will always make that fold there at this stage of game.
all i retort with is 'he jokes on you guys... the way in run he hits that for sure'. the disagree and back in go my headphones...
Chino then proves is in fact idiot rather than genius when he faces a 16k raise and shoves all in with 88 for over 200k. he is called by KK... he his then so short an all in with any 2 cards is imminent. it cpome sthe next hand

"i only looked at 1" he said..., crap. i didnt think he looked. that means he has an ace. its no goos thoiugh as the flop comes a dream JJJ and i land the stone cold nuts outstinmg the Main event 7th finisher of 2007. I can wait to tell Tristan...
Back in chips i make another costly fold when i laydown my 88 to ace K. i need to double there and my stack it only 80k while the average is nearly 190. we hit 70 players left and i kno i need to get busy. i have made a few pay jumps but this does not reward me. i want the biog money and the bracelet.
The end comes with 64 player left. I find AJ again and raise. Jason Seitz shoves over the top for the smae sized stack as me. i Hate Aj but i analiyse it this way. i Have shown a lot of weakness lately and his range here seems to be one the really wants a fold from me. it isnt JJ QQ KK or AA. neother is it AK... it piut jim on 88 99 or 10s. I call and at least im right. we are coin filpping as he meeks turns over 99... if i hit here its game on. i dont. and am out

I still cash in at $7500 odd and the sweetest moment is back at the hotal room. virually telepathy occurs as i show my 5k bundle to tristo...

Agro: (smiling) oh hey guess what?
Tristan: Chino?
Agro: yes!!!
HIGH FIVES

tristan is wrapped with the revenge death of his nemesis and there is nothing left to do but got out and celebrate. Vegas Style!!! we go all out that night and day... with a rip to the gun Store. where we spend $400 shooting AK 47 machine guns at Zombie targets... what a country...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb