Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
October 16th 2010
Published: October 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Viva Las Vegas- a crazy city especially at the weekend.

October 7th-12th

After a long bus journey me and katy got a taxi to the hotel which was Circus Circus and checked in- room was huge but lacked a view but for $23 each a night we could not complain at all. Beth then arrived an hour later to start her month in America with us. Our hotel was about a 15min walk from the start of the main attractions on the strip so as we were tired from traveling we just eat in our hotel and explored it.

Oct 8th- Spent the day around our pool in the sunshine before getting ready and walking down to the main boulevard. Met up with the aussie guys from the hostel in Dallas, watched the pirate show at treasure island which was free but shocking awful, we then eat and got some wine from the off license which we drank while watching the fountains outside the Ballegio. Also played Roulette in the Ballegio but didn't win any money. Also went to ceasers palace and o'sheas.

Oct 9th- Walked down to the welcome to Vegas sign in late afternoon, because everything so big it all looks closer together than it actually is and the walk to the other end of the blvd took a fair while but we had our pictures with the sign and saw the luxor, new york, new york and went in mgm grand and saw the lions. Has dinner and then watched the fountains again as they are different each time set to different music.

Oct 10th- Got up very early to be picked up at the hotel by a shuttle bus which then took us to a coach which would take us to the Grand Cayon. We saw Lake Mead on the journey and stopped at the Hoover Dam for a photo moment, we also stopped for our lunch at the old railway sation before finally getting to the Cayon where we walked along the south rim trail from Mathers Point, the views were amazing and the size and depth overwhelming. We then caught the shuttle to the village and viewed the canyon from there before being picked up by the coach and making the long journey back to Vegas but the long day was so worth it.

Oct 11th- I had a wonder down the Blvd in the day time and looked in the shops before getting ready and having dinner, we then watched the fountains for the last time before going to the theater in Treasure Island to see Circus du Solie show Mystere which was amazing and amusing at the same time.

It was time to leave Vegas and in a way I was kind of glad, it was good to see the famous things you see on tv and films but it was so busy at the weekend. The Grand Canyon however was truly amazing.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0208s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1014.5kb