15th August - Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
August 15th 2010
Published: August 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Slept in a bit this morning and didn't get moving until 10:30am. Caught the bus south to Las Vegas Outlets which is the lower spec of the 2 outlets in Vegas. There is also a Premium Outlet centre with more upmarket brands. I bought a few items which work a lot cheaper than they would be in Australia. I bought two CK shirts, CK wallet and a CK belt for about $120AUD. Had to wait awhile to get the bus back to the main Vegas strip and we had lunch at a Mexican place inside our hotel. Can't go wrong with $1 tacos and $1 margaritas !

It was even hotter today and I struggled to walk around the strip. I caught the monorail up to the northern end of the strip where the Stratosphere and Sahara are located. I was contemplating going up to the top of the Stratosphere but decided against it as I don't think its very nice during the day without the bright lights. Ended up just hanging around the close by casinos until 7pm when we made our way downstairs to Jubilee the Showgirl spectacular. I thought the show was great and well worth the admission price. The costumes and set design were very elaborate. Although it was showgirls and there were topless girls running around the stage, I thought it was quite tasteful and not sleazy at all.

After the show we went to meet up with the girls who had landed in Vegas this afternoon. They were shopping in the Palazzo so we went and waited in the Palazzo casino. Would you believe we had trouble finding a restaurant at 11pm in Vegas? A lot of the casino restaurants were closed from 10:30pm. Ended up at a place called Ginseng 3 in the Imperial Palace hotel. It is a confused place serving Korean, Japanese and Chinese fare. We didn't expect much due to its mixed up nature but were pleasantly surprised as the food was quite decent. After our late dinner, the girls retired for the night and we went and contributed to the Flamingo's coffers. Went back to our room around 3am with light wallets and packed as our airport shuttle was coming at 7am.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.039s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0214s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb