The day of relaxation


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
April 7th 2010
Published: April 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today was a day to chill. We woke up and headed straight to the pool. We stayed at the pool from about 10 until 230. Dad and I headed to the gym, and mom and natalie continued to relax.

The pool was incredible. There is a lazy river with all sorts of fountains. it was neat to just float down it. There was no way to go upstream. The current was rough! Dad really liked the fountains in the middle of the pool. I personally thought it was too cold. The pools are heated, so although there was some wind outdoors, the water was nice. The getting out, not so nice. The rest of the day was pretty nice though. We all enjoyed a bit of sun and came out of the day a bit more colorful. It is interesting how sometimes sunscreen works! (or doesnt)

We then headed to this awesome little Italian joint called Battistas. It is right behind the Pink Flamingo Hotel. In fact, if you are on the monorail you can see it. It is literally a whole in the wall, but the atmosphere was awesome. It really was like an old mafia movie scene.
fun!fun!fun!

the crew at Battistas
The food was alright, the ambiance better. It is worth trying out. A meal was anywhere from 20-30 and included salad, main course, house wine and cappucino. A pretty good deal. A dear friend of mine was able to come and join us! Tiffany (we met in Nicaragua on a missions trip a few years back and have kept in touch). It is great to see her!

We then went across the street to see the water show at the Bellagio. At night it runs every 15 minutes. It is worth staying to watch because it has a new song each time. It is well worth seeing. Each song has different movements to the water. It is incredible what they can do.

Later we did a bit more viewing of the casinos and called it a night. Overall a great and relaxing day! 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Accordian playerAccordian player
Accordian player

he would play a snippet for you
From the luxorFrom the luxor
From the luxor

apparently this light can be seen from space
parentsparents
parents

arent they cute?!?!
hatshats
hats

some clown (literally) in a wheelchair made us these hats. We gave them to some kids. There are all sorts of people that want your money here.
skylineskyline
skyline

incredible the wealth of electricity used.
lightslights
lights

the city is nuts.


Tot: 0.36s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0987s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb