Vegas Day 3 - Hays style


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
April 6th 2010
Published: April 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Fremont streetFremont streetFremont street

it is outdoors, but that "roof" lights up at night. Insanity
Well, today at the crack of dawn Dad was awake. I knew it, and thought…hmmm, I should keep him company, and then I went back to sleep. Then mom awoke, and I thought, man, she won the wake up first…guess I will sleep! Unfortunately at a whopping 730am I was out of bed and getting ready. Dad and I headed to the fitness center.

Now, on day 2 I mentioned the perks of the “pay it up front” deal, MAN is it worth it. We get two people in the fitness center and spa for free. So, we decided to try it out. We worked out (it is amazing what a high end gym is like: rags, water, fruit!) then headed to the spa. I was so unaware of what to expect. You get a robe and spa shoes along with some juice when you enter the spa. You get a locker as well to put your stuff in. Then there is a dry sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi, vanity tables with everything you need from hair brushes to razors and toothbrushes. It was amazing. I had no clue what to do so I figured it out as I went. Take a towel, have it wrapped around you under the robe. When you walk into the sauna or steam room hang your robe outside and walk in with just your towel. (otherwise you will just bake). The eucalyptus steam room was a shocker at first, but then amazing. You really couldn’t see anything, but you can feel your pores cleansing. Then there was a shower with everything you needed! Really, it was an amazing and relaxing way to start the day.

Our next journey was to the Fremont Street Experience. It was the first “strip”. We saw hotel/casinos from as early as 1906. It was pretty neat. Dad taught me a bit about blackjack at the Golden Nugget (I must say, I wasn’t too bad - granted he was helping me A LOT). Our card dealer was a little grumpy, I enjoyed our craps dealer from the night before at the MGM, he actually helped us. This lady had NO personality, but the man at the table from Wisconsin was pretty neat.

Past Treasure Island hotel the hotels are a bit shady until you get to Fremont Street. To get to Fremont Street - as much as I HATE
FremontStreetFremontStreetFremontStreet

it is unbelievable the amount of stuff here.
to admit this - grab the Monorail and get off at the Sahara exit (the last exit northbound). I do not recommend going to the Sahara, it is sketch-tabulous. From the monorail walk down to the street to grab the 108 bus I believe. It is a 2 buck ticket and will take you to Fremont Street. Then you can hang out there and head back the same way. We decided to buy the one day pass on the Monorail, and used it a bunch.

From there we checked out the Venetian Hotel to see the gondolas. It was a crazy hotel. It felt like you were in Europe. There are “street” performers every 15 minutes or so throughout the mall section. The catch is, once you are in, good luck getting out. It took us forever to find the exit. I felt like I was in the Lotus casino from Percy Jackson!! It was nuts, but pretty neat nevertheless.

Mom and I decided to spend a few minutes in the pools. It was good and relaxing after a day galavanting. We then headed to Cirque du soleil - Ka. WOW is all I can say. We had
The Golden NuggetThe Golden NuggetThe Golden Nugget

another old casino
a great deal on tickets since we are actually at the hotel (40percent off!) so we had decent seats for under 100. It was SO worth it. The things they do. There is a floating stage that moves and can move to become a wall, the thing is the people will start a scene walking on it and then stay on it while it angles to turn into a wall! It is way too hard to explain on the blog, you will have to ask me about it. It was breathtaking! Some stunts, there were no cables holding anyone. Wow, I want to be that fit one day. Insanity.

We are exhausted and ending our day in the room for an early night. Tomorrow is expected to be a day of relaxation by the pool so that we can have energy to see the Grand Canyon on Thursday. Wow, is the week already almost over? I will get on and blog up when I get internet again.



Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

The VenetianThe Venetian
The Venetian

by far my favorite hotel
GandulaGandula
Gandula

for 16 bux a person you can ride a gondula through the hotel. They even sing to you.
Treasure IslandTreasure Island
Treasure Island

supposedly have a show there.
Inside the venetianInside the venetian
Inside the venetian

it feels like you are in a palace in Europe, no joke.
GondulaGondula
Gondula

yes, it is indoors
Opera SingersOpera Singers
Opera Singers

in the various squares of the hotel mall there are musical shows. Pretty neat.


Tot: 0.231s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb